Saturday 7 February 2015

Horsegram Dosa/Huralikalu Dose

It has been ages that I opened my blog, now that I really don't find time for this passion to keep going, you may only see me once in a while with such cooking updates. Today I share something that I learnt from a foodie group in Facebook and all credits to Ms. Vinutha Rao from whom I learnt this, and many thanks to my dear friend Smitha for getting me horsegram all the way from India that was not available for me here, this was in fact tried by many in that group and I have been preparing it from past 3-4 months, but never do I get an opportunity to click and write. It is a perfect crisp dosa that is very healthy and delicious. Today decided to sit for a while just to update this recipe. I wonder how working women manage cooking and posting regularly. It seems to be very hectic for me. With no further talks I go to recipe. 


Ingredients:
Raw rice- 2cups (I used sona masoori, original recipe calls for idli rice)
Horse gram/Huralikalu- ½ cup
Methi seeds-1tbsp
Beaten rice/Avalakki/Poha- fistful
Salt to taste


Recipe:
  1. Soak all the above ingredients for around 8 hours.Grind them together to a fine dosa batter and ferment overnight.
  2. Next morning, mix well the fermented batter and take a ladle full of batter  and put it on a very hot tawa/skillet.
  3. Spread into the shape of dosa and cover and cook till you see steam for just a minute or so, now open and cook for a while, smear fat on top, be it oil or ghee. Cook for a while and serve hot with any chutney of your choice.




Tips:
If you like a little crisp dosa make sure that the batter is not extremely fine ground, meaning to say that it should be ground well like any dosa batter but when you touch you must be able to feel the coarseness a bit.

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment