Thursday 24 October 2013

Cabbage Kofta in Creamy Gravy my 200th post

Have many recipes pending in my drafts, but this one lovely curry which I prepared yesterday was so so delicious that I couln't just stop myself from posting right away. I just wanted to share this recipe you would love to try and surprise your guests. I was wondering at around 7pm in the evening yesterday as what to prepare, first my plan was to prepare palak gravy and chapathis but how forgetful I could be. I had no spinach in my refrigerator. I do agree forgetfulness is a part of aging! but is not this too early for me? I had finished almost entire spinach 3-4 days back and I was believing that it is still left. Then all of a sudden I had to change my mind and prepare something else. I had an opened whipping cream pack. Had solid plans to finish that. Had a small cabbage piece with me. Something out of cabbage but with a gravy was my wish. So thought of preparing Cabbage Kofta in Creamy Gravy . I was so happy for having successfully executed my plan. Here I share happily today my 200th post. When it comes to 100th, or 200th or so on, the post is highlighted, indicating a milestone being reached. Well when I look back, I feel it had been a splendid journey till date as a blogger and hoping to continue the same way. And very happy that this is a kind of e-book for me. I often check the measurements and also few recipes which I myself have blogged to prepare it again or so. Best part is that may be it would be of great use for my kid when she grows up. By then I wish I should have blogged some 1000 recipes atleast.
Well let me move on to the recipe now.
Makes 6 koftas of above size
Ingredients:
Cabbage- 1 cup grated
Potatoes-2 medium boiled and mashed
Besan/Gram flour-3 1/2 tbsp.
Rice flour-1 1/2 tbsp.
Red chilly powder-2 tsp.
Turmeric powder-3/4 tsp.
Garam masala-1 tsp.
Coriander powder-1 tsp.
Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp.
Cashewnuts-20
Raisins-10-15
Tomatoes-2 chopped
Onion-2 medium chopped
Cumin seeds/jeera-1 tsp
Fennel seeds-1 tsp.
Coriander leaves/cilantro-1 sprig
Kasuri methi/Dried fenugreek leaves-1 tbsp.
Whipping cream- 3/4 cup+ to garnish
Oil -3-4 tbsp. + to deep fry koftas
Water-1 1/2 cups
Salt to taste

Recipe:
Recipe for Cabbage Kofta:
  1. Add in a bowl grated cabbage, mashed potatoes, gram flour, rice flour, 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder, 1 tsp. red chilly powder, salt to taste and mix well till it forms a dough without adding any water.
  2. Now pinch out a portion off the dough and flatten it a little and place 2 raisins and 1 cashewnut in the centre and wrap it to form a cigar shaped cylindrical balls.
  3. Set aside the koftas and get ready with the oil to deep fry them.
  4. When oil is hot enough add the koftas and fry in hot oil till they are slightly brown outside and fully cooked inside.
  5. Remove them off the oil and place them on a kitchen towel.
  6. Once the extra oil is removed place them on the serving dish.
Recipe to prepare creamy gravy for koftas:
  1. In a pan add 2 tbsp. oil and when hot add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and as they splatter add onions, cashewnuts, ginger garlic paste and saute till onions turn translucent and raw flavor of ginger and garlic is gone.
  2. Now add tomatoes and saute. Cook for a while and add remaining turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder, salt to taste and mix well. Cook again till tomatoes are almost mushy.
  3. Now cool the mixture and once cooled grind them to a fine paste and set aside.
  4. Add 2 tbsp. of oil and when hot transfer this ground paste into it and saute continuously to avoid any burning at the bottom.Once oil starts to appear on the sides and top, add water, salt and cook covering till it comes to a boil. with occasional stirring.
  5. Once it is boiled, simmer and add all the cream leaving little to garnish.
  6. Now add kasuri methi, cilantro and garam masala and simmer further till the gravy reaches desired consistency.
  7. Simmering can be done for around 10-12 minutes.
  8. Place koftas on serving dish. Add the gravy on to of it at the time of serving.
  9. Garnish with the cream you saved and enjoy hot with rotis or even hot rice. 
Can you see cashewnuts and raisins there? I must say it was a bliss and I and my family enjoyed it thoroughly. It was fingerlicking yum. Even my kiddo enjoyed this.
 
 
Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :) 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment