Wednesday 25 September 2013

Shahi Paneer restaurant style

At times I like to pamper myself by visiting restaurants especially Indian restaurants and eat tummy full of meal, starting from soups till desserts. I love the way I get hot curries to eat with Indian flatbreads, all hot. This is just because I never get to eat anything hot especially after I cook as I spend time either taking snaps or serving family. Finally I will end up eating as it is without even warming it up again. Well, not only me, I know all my co-bloggers too would be facing the same. Germany we do get Paneer in supermarkets called as 'hirtenkäse' meant for salads, but I tried it here and it worked like a wonder for me. Yesterday I prepared Shahi Paneer in restaurant style. This time I tried with store bought paneer. In  But I usually make use of home made ones. I had already shared Home made Paneer cubes recipe. Do try this recipe. I bet you would be licking your fingers for sure. I loved it and here goes the recipe.

Ingredients:
Paneer cut into triangle shapes- 1 cup
Tomatoes-2 1/2 medium sized
Onion-2 large chopped
Green chillies-2 chopped
Garlic- 3 bulbs diced
Ginger-1'' chopped
Cashewnuts-12-15
Milk-1 cup
Water-2 cups
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Tomato Ketchup-1 1/2 tbsp.
Garam masala powder-1 tsp.
Coriander powder-1 tsp.
Cilantro/Coriander leaves- 2 sprigs to garnish
Cardamom-2 pods(only seeds, not the skin)
Nutmeg powder/Jaiphal powder-generous pinch
Oil-3-4 tbsp
Salt to taste

Recipe:
  1. Cut the paneer into desired shape and place it in warm water till they are covered in the bowl with water.
  2. Now in a pan add 3 tbsp oil and when hot add cardamom, nutmeg powder and sauté, followed by onions. Sauté till they turn translucent.
  3. Now add cashewnuts, garlic, green chillies and ginger and sauté well till the rawness is all gone.
  4. Add turmeric powder and sauté.
  5. Now add tomatoes, chilly powder and cook till they are well cooked.
  6. Let it cool for a while.
  7. Finely ground the onion tomato mixture with just enough water to a smooth paste.
  8. Now add this paste into the pan with a tbsp. of oil. Sauté and cook till the mixture leaves oil.
  9. Add tomato ketchup and coriander powder to it and give a mix.
  10. Add water, milk and salt to taste.
  11. Add garam masala and mix well. Add soaked paneer pieces and simmer for a while, say 5 minutes.
  12. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with any Indian flatbread.
Click on pictures to get pictorial description





 

Note:

Add water to the blender after preparing the paste and use that water instead of normal water to get all the content without wasting any content.
My store brought paneer already had salt content in it. If using unsalted paneer, do add salt accordingly.
Add cream also while garnishing with cilantro to increase the richness if desired.

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)


Sending this to Priya's page WTML owned by Gayathri, Gujarati zaika
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment