Thursday 5 September 2013

Indian Butter Cookies/Nankhatai

Who doesn't love these mouth melting butter cookies? Well I guess it would be everyone's favorite. It is mine too. Lately I'm here with an oven for myself. I hence tried these mouth melting cookies in my oven. Was very much apprehensive as this was my very first try in oven. I must say I had a wonderful experience baking these lovely cookies. I felt today is Teacher's day and I should prepare something to mark this special day as what we are today is all due to our beloved teachers who sacrifice their life in moulding us. I got the recipe from my dear sister Shri Kripa. Thanks to her for this awesome recipe. Here I share the recipe for the mouth melting Indian butter cookies.

Makes 12 cookies

Ingredients:
All purpose flour/maida-1 cup
Butter-1 stick or 1/2 cup at room temperature.
Baking powder-1/4 tsp
Powdered sugar-1/2 cup
Powdered cardamom-1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder-generous pinch
Salt-a pinch

Recipe:
  1. In a bowl mix all purpose flour/maida, salt, baking powder and sieve it twice or thrice to get them well mixed.
  2. In a bowl take room temperature butter, to that add sieved powdered sugar and cream it well for 10-15 minutes using hands or spatula.
  3. To that add nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and little by little the sieved mixture of maida, salt and baking powder and keep mixing. Finally when all the sieved mixture is in, knead with your hands to get a very soft cookie dough.
  4. Let it stay on a counter for 20 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to 150 degree Celsius/ 350 degree Fahrenheit.
  5. Grease an aluminum foil and place it on the baking tray.
  6. Prepare small round smooth balls out of the cookie dough and place them on a greased aluminum foil and top each one of them with an almond or any desired nut.
  7. Bake at 150 degree Celsius or 350 degree Fahrenheit for 25 minutes to get the mouth melting Indian butter cookies.
  8. Once out of the oven place them on a cooling rack .
  9. Enjoy and store rest in an airtight container and they will last long for 15-20 days fresh.

To get pictorial explanation step by step click on these pictures below.




 
The bottom should be very light brown as below



Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

Sending this to thelady8home, Priya's page WTML owned by Gayathri, Cutchi Kitchen, Gujarati zaika, JustNotTheCakes

 weekend gala dinner extravaganza



No comments:

Post a Comment