Saturday 3 August 2013

Dry Fruits Shrikhand

I always adore the Gujarati food. They tend to be little sweet though, but as I'm a having a huge sweet tooth, I don't mind my meal on a little sweeter side. My stay in Gujarat in my childhood has made me so addicted to their delicacies that I still end up cooking something which is having its origin somewhere in Gujarat. Shrikhand is made mainly in regions of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Well, all will be knowing what Shrikhand is and how it is made. I'm eating this mouth melting, divine delicacy as I'm writing this blogpost for shrikhand. Here I share my version of shrikhand in a very simple and easy way.


Ingredients:
Hung curd-1 cup(Home made Hung Curd Recipe)
Sugar-3/4 cup(adjust depending upon the sourness)
Dry fruits like cashews, almonds, raisins, dates- 1/2 cup chopped
Cardamom pods-2 crushed
Nutmeg powder-a pinch
Saffron milk-1 tsp. (prepared by dissolving 2 strands of saffron in 1 tsp. warm milk)

Recipe:
In a bowl add the hung curd, beat well.Now add sugar and again beat the hung curd.
Now add cardamom powder.
Pop in almost half of the chopped dry fruits leaving few to garnish. Add saffron milk. Give a good mix.
Now transfer it to serving dish and garnish it with little dry fruits remaining.

Add the pinch of nutmeg on top.
Mouth melting yummylicious Shrikhand with dry fruits is ready.






Note:
Without adding dry fruits also you could serve this as plain shrikhand, that too tastes heavenly.

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

Sending this to Cooking with love sister owned by Sara's corner

Sending this to Fast ! Fresh !  Simple !  @ Cookingwithsapana,Guru’s Cooking Giveaway Kids Special ’13,Birthday special event ,pari's page
 





Sending this to Gujarati zaika


Only pregnancy


No comments:

Post a Comment