Wednesday 19 June 2013

Brinjal/Eggplant/Baingan Tawa Fry

My super cute small refrigerator had many varieties of veggies when I opened it yesterday. I felt as though all of them were calling me and telling 'USE ME' today, I hence decided to prepare Brinjal tawa fry.I had brought that last week itself and was deep inside the vegetable section in the fridge.It was huge, but didn't want to keep some portion of it back in fridge. Hence decided to prepare a Baingan Masala as well as this Baingan tawa fry. Tawa fry tastes heavenly. I just couldn't wait to dig in along with curd rice.

Here is my simple recipe of making tawa fry out of brinjal/eggplant.

Ingredients:
Baingan/Eggplant-4-5 roundels
Rice flour-2 tsp
Red chilly powder-1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil-1 tbsp

Recipe:
Mix rice flour,red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste well in a plate.
Place the roundels on the mixture and coat it well and set aside.
Heat a nonstick griddle/tawa and add oil and spread throughout the tawa.
Place these roundels on it and fry them on medium to low heat till one side gets fully cooked.
Flip and cook the other side too till done.Tawa fry is ready!
Enjoy this with plain rice with curd or as side dish for any flat bread.

 
 

Enjoy the dish! n don't forget Eat and Eat little MORE.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment